When Eileen Zimmerman was just twelve years old, her love for fabrics and sewing began with her first sewing project in Home Economics. She received her degree in Fashion Merchandising from Kent State University. She later went on to work in the family business, Paint & Pattern Centers, for more than twenty years in many different positions. When mini and vertical blinds became fashionable, Eileen became an expert in that field. Soon, customers began requesting valances to cover the headrails of their blinds. Eileen’s next venture was to work in a drapery workroom as the office administrator. Soon after that, she went on her own and Well Dressed Windows was born in May of 1995.
Donald Zimmerman, Eileen’s other half, takes care of the marketing and general business operations. He describes his most important function as getting Eileen in front of people. After also graduating from Kent State University, Don served in the US Air Force as a Minute Man Missile Launch Officer. Upon Don and Eileen’s return to Cleveland, he worked for a number of years as a CPA in public practice with one of the large international accounting firms. He then also joined Paint and Pattern Centers as the Chief Financial Officer. He has additional experience with mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate and life insurance. He joined Eileen in June of 2000 and as he says, he is authorized to “pay bills, make appointments, and otherwise do as he’s told.”
Certified Window Treatment Specialist
Founder - Window Coverings Association of America (WCAA) – NEO Chapter
American Society of Interior Designers, Industry Partner
BNI (Business Networking International)
Council of Smaller Enterprises (COSE)
Environments By Design, Product Partner
Hunter Douglas Priority Dealer
Interior Design Society, Affiliate
Independent Designer's Network
My Women's Business Network
Positive Thinker’s Network
Rotary Club of Cleveland
Solon Chamber of Commerce
What we can do for you
Unique window treatments are designed that reflect your life style, your needs, and your taste. We create your selection as if it were a piece of commissioned artwork.
- The selection process is done in the comfort of your own home, with your furnishings, wall color, flooring, lighting, etc.
- You can view our extensive picture portfolio during the appointment or online to see both the quality and the breadth of our work.
- We can sketch your window treatment selection for you or do a computer rendering.
- You can coordinate all of the elements with the fabrics, trim, and hardware that we bring to you. You are not limited to what is in stock at a store.
- Your window treatments are designed with proper proportions in mind for the size and shape of your windows.
- Our workmanship is quality through and through. We pay attention to the smallest of details.
- You will have a vast selection of custom hardware to choose from that can solve unique situations, as well as the typical ones.
- Our team of professional installers will install your window treatments effortlessly and quickly.
We service the following cities in northeast Ohio: Akron, Auburn, Aurora, Avon, Avon Lake, Bainbridge, Bay Village, Beachwood, Bentleyville, Bratenahl, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, Chagrin Falls, Chardon, Cleveland, Cleveland Heights, Copley, Gates Mills, Highland Heights, Hinckley, Hudson, Hunting Valley, Lakewood, Macedonia, Mayfield, Mayfield Heights, Moreland Hills, Mentor, North Olmsted, North Royalton, Orange, Painesville, Pepper Pike, Richfield, Rocky River, Russell, Sagamore Hills, Shaker Heights, Solon, South Russell, Strongsville, Twinsburg, Waite Hill, Walton Hills, Westlake, Wickliffe, Willowick and more! And on occasion, we have gone as far as Las Vegas, Virginia, and Florida!